Vancouver Rose Charities Canada is centred in Vancouver and most of the Canadian volunteer opportunities are in Vancouver. We are always looking for enthusiastic people to be involved either with individual projects or with the core Rose Charities team and always with promotional and fund-raising activities and events. If you are interested in being a volunteer please email Josephine.firstname.lastname@example.org
COSTA RICA – Proyecto San Gerardo
Proyecto San Gerardo’s Volunteer Program is designed to provide volunteers with a varied and interesting work experience set within the context of the beautiful cloud forest with many opportunities for outdoor adventure. Volunteers are placed in homestays with trusted families who have worked with us since 2007 and help new volunteers feel at home quickly.
The application process takes about a month and selection is based on the applicant’s qualifications, experience, length of commitment and ability to adjust to life in el campo Costa Rica. Knowing some Spanish is definitely an asset though homestays help enormously in language learning. Volunteers are matched with their homestays according to their ideal setting and there is a thorough orientation as well as exit program. Some subsidies are available for homestays according to the above factors.
TO APPLY: Please write to the Director, Jenny Moss, at email@example.com and include your resume. You will be contacted and a phone interview organized. More information about Proyecto San Gerardo can be viewed at www.proyectosangerardo.org and information about the location can be seen at www.sangerardocostarica.com
ESL TEACHERS – minimum time commitment 3 months
- Would you like to use your ESL teaching skills to benefit a small community in south central Costa Rica?
- Teach english to children, youth and adults
- Homestay provided so you can learn Spanish in this beautiful village next to Mt Chirripó, with all the outdoors activities you can enjoy.
- Teaching materials and resources available on site
- Local community support provided
- TEFL Certificate or teaching experience
- Organized self-starter requiring minimal supervision
- Flexible and adaptable
- Enjoys immersion in another culture